Long Time Overdue

Kate Archer

OOC First Name
Johanna
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cherry Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Kate walked along snow covered streets. It was quite scenic actually and Kate found herself smiling for the sheer beauty of the place. It was late in the evening, there weren't many people around and Kate liked it like this. She could hear her own thoughts, think away to herself without worrying that she would bump into someone. It was a weird feeling, having no school to go back to. For the past fourteen years it had always been the case. But now she was in some ways free. No tests to worry about, no classes, no people. She was living her own life now. She had no real plan in mind. She had a place to stay in New Zealand, she had plenty of money. She was resting, she wasn't going to dive straight into work. Thankfully she had the chose because of her parents money but she had a feeling it was the right decision. She had to find some direction in her life, but she had only just finished school. She had plenty of time, hopefully to sort out what she wanted to do.Kate pulled the hat on her head down, so it covered her ears. It was a chilly evening but Kate liked these walks. They gave her time to think, decide what she was going to do tomorrow. She wanted to do some traveling, before she settled down. She was going to talk to Stefan about it, see what he wanted to do. They hadn't had a proper conversation about that yet and to be honest Kate was glad as she really wouldn't know what to say to him about what she wanted to do with her life. She wanted them both to be happy and she would go where ever he wanted. She loved him.

Kate walked back into her flat, it was small, comfortable size. She hadn't been living here long so it didn't feel anything like home yet. She didn't know if she would be staying her long or what the story was with Stefan yet. But they were thoughts for another time. She had something to do now.Whist unpacking she had found the three jackets Sammy had lent here. She smiled as she saw them, they brought back good memories though he hadn't given them to her because she was happy. She felt bad though that she had forgotten to give them back to him before she had left school. She decided if she was going to send them back to him she may as well write him a letter. She was going to miss him and his happiness. She hoped they would stay friend because he really was the best. With a swish of her wand she lit the fire. She turned on the lights. She then went to the press and found some pot noodles. She filled the kettle and turned it on. Whilst waiting for i to boil, Kate folded the three jackets neatly and wrapped them in a package. The kettle dinged and Kate poured the water into her pot noddles. She brought the noddles and fork over to the desk and got herself a piece of paper and pen. It was weird using pen, she was so used to the quill after seven years. She began to write.

Hey Sammy,

How are you?Any news?
Whilst I was unpacking I found these. I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to return them to you. I must say they bring back good memories even if those memories are a bit tainted. I don't know what I would have done with out you Sammy!
Anyways, I decided to see how you were getting on. It's going to be weird not seeing you in Hogwarts anymore. Don't be afraid to write me a letter if things get rough :)
Love,
Kate

Once finished the letter, she folded it, put it in the envelope and sealed it. She wrote his name. She hoped Squishy would know where he lived as Kate didn't know his address. She also hoped her owl would be able to take the wait of the three jackets. She called Squishy over and tied the package and letter to her. She complained a little but Kate gave her some nuts which seemed to do the trick. She opened then window and let Squishy fly out. Once she was out of sight, Kate got her pot noodles sat down on the couch and turned on the tv.

It had been a very busy day for Samual. He felt like he had so much to do and so little time to do it. Time seemed like it kept slipping through his fingers. He'd look at the clock and it would be morning, then he'd glance at it again and it would be late afternoon. What was happening?! It was a little frustrating. But nevertheless, Samual found himself wearing a smile. Although the day seemed to be literally hightailing it away from him, it was still a very nice day. He was tempted to go outside for a little bit, but he was a little cherry from all the sunlight yesterday. Sammy rarely got burnt because he wore sunscreen and usually stayed in the shade, but he was feeling the effects of too much sun exposure. He didn't want to get a full-blown burn happening, otherwise he might just have a sour mood. That was just not acceptable. So, Sammy decided to fix up his bed a little. He had been jumping on it to pass the time just moments ago, now it was a mess. It must have been funny for all that happened to walk to, to see a seventeen year old boy jumping on his bed like a two year old. Samual shook his head. He was planning to jump on beds until he had a broken hip from old age. Then he might consider growing up a little. Until them, he was quite fine with being a kid.

Sammy heard rattling from near the window. He slid off of his bed and turned around. It was Corvin. He put his hands on his hips and approached the raven. Why was he acting up right now? He much preferred his cage. However, when Samual approached him, he noticed that Corvin was not complaining about his cage, he was complaining about an owl outside the window. Samual tilted his head and smiled. What was this? He opened the window and helped the owl inside. It appeared to be holding a package. What could that be? He removed the letter and package from the owl and opened the letter. A grin formed on his face when he realised who it was from. That was so nice of her. He looked at the package and opened it, finding his jackets. Sammy had a large collection of jackets so he thought very little of handing them out to a friend in need. He quickly began to write a reply letter. He wasn't sure how much time could have passed between sending the letters, but the jackets didn't look like they were in bad shape and the owl looked healthy.
Reply Letter said:
Hey Kate!

I can't believe you have decided to write. i hadn't expected to hear from you. I hope that everything is going well, you've graduated now! No more school or anything, and you can use magic outside of school grounds. Don't go getting into too much trouble. Just remember to not set fire to anything and you should be fine.

Anyway, to answer your questions, nothing has really happened just yet. I think the universe is sleeping for a little bit. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what is in store for me this year. It'll be difficult without you at Hogwarts, I must admit. But I think I'll get used to it. So right now I'm quite fine, but the days lately seem to be running past. I think I need to sleep a little less!

Thank you for my jackets, I have missed them. However, I have decided to send back my light blue jacket, because it doesn't smell like me anymore, almost like it has changed owners. I think it might have something to do with the fact that it had stayed with you since the first day we met, which was like... two years ago or something. So I'd like you to keep it, for memories sake! Maybe if something happens to get you down or if you're lonely you can just put on the jacket and return to the lake at Hogwarts and remember better times. I think that'd be very therapeutic. But don't worry about me, I'm determined to have a fantabulous final year, that's my mission! I must also admit, things will be very different without you, Kate.

I wish you the best of luck! And don't worry, I'll be just fine, I promise!

Love,
Sammy
Sammy smiled at his letter and folded it into an envelope. He pulled out the small box of stickers Hazel had given him. He hadn't managed to find Hazel that day, so he had still yet to get an explanation from her about what happened. He pressed a sticker onto the envelope and nodded. He used the stickers on this he cared about, since they were heartfelt stickers. He had a few already stuck onto other letters and he had considered writing to Hazel, but then decided to wait until he could talk to her in person. He wrapped the jacket up and tied the letter firmly to it. He then gave the owl some treats he often feed Corvin (much to the raven's displeasure) and sent the owl on its way to Kate.

Kate had her bags packed. In the morning she was planning on Apparating to Australia. She was starting her trip around the world. She was very excited. She had wanted to do this for ages and she was excited to finally be starting this trip. Life was made so much easier by the fact that she could just apparate. Saved her a lot of money and time. She didn't really have a plan in mind, she was going to go wherever she wanted. She had a year to do what she wanted to do and then it was time to settle. But that was a long way yet. She had this to look forward to. She had been talking to Stefan and they agreed to meet up in certain parts of the world. Kate was most looking forward to America and all the Southern countries. She's had to go to the doctor to get certain vaccinations as she didn't want to get sick or die from some disease. She wasn't going to be staying in five star hotels. She liked exploring and hiking. She couldn't wait for the forests and all the history.

She had bought a big proper rucksack and she had fit everything in. She didn't have much, she would be walking a lot and she didn't want to get her back sore. Of course some parts of the world would be completely different to others. She had to accomadate for that, which she hoped she had. Before she left she wanted to write back to Sammy. She had recieved his letter some time ago but she had been super busy organizing her things and she hadn't had time. She had packed the blue jacket he had sent back just in case she ever missed home. She was also wearing her gold, heart pendant necklace that Stefan had given her a those years ago just so she would always have a little part of him with her. She sat down at her desk, getting a piece of paper and pen and began her letter..

Sammy,
You couldn't get rid of my that easily. It's great having magic outside school, so much more liberating. You don't have much longer? Work hard this year, I made the mistake of cramming. Not a good idea
I'm sure the year will be great. It is your last so enjoy it! It's weird living out here on m,y own. It feels good though. I'm the leader of my own life and no one here knows anything about my past which is great I must say.

Anyways, I've finally decided to do with my life this year. I'm traveling around the world! That's why it took me so long to reply,I've been so busy getting things ready! I don't know how long my replies will be, but Ill do my best to reply as soon as possible!

Thank you so much for the jacket, it's packed up in my bag! I'm leaving in the morning. So excited! Just remember I'm always there! Also could you keep an eye on Star for me please?

Love,
Kate
Once she was finished, she tied the letter to Squishy and let her out the window

Users who are viewing this thread

Back