The ashes from your burning wood

Sapphire Bookchild

OOC First Name
Ana V.
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Sapphire was in one of the abandoned classrooms because it was the only place that she could think alone. That and there where only so many times that she could practice in the Common Room before people got tired of hearing her flub up. Sapphire was skilled at the flute but the cello was something compleatly different. Even though she spent more than a semester away from the instrument her fingers seemed to know what to do. Teaching herself was also something that was kind of difficult but seeing as she had to teach herself wordless magic since the first year she was used to it. Sapphire plucked at the strings of her cello like a base before starting the tune that she had in her head.

She had charmed a voice box to read her lyrics and sing them for her seeing as there where clear reason why Sapphire couldn't do it herself. The voice was nice enough but she didn't know how to get it to where she wanted it. If I where really cold I set my cello on fire to keep warm. I'd smash it into kindling forgetting that it's living thing with strings, made of veins, oh the body is a breathing thing,
it swells with the heat and rain, oh the body is a breathing thing, like yours. I'd like to keep it warm,
until the heat between us saves you.
The voice box sang as she accompanied it with her cello. Deep inside she wanted it to be her the one singing but for all she knew she wouldn't be able to carry a note. Not that she would ever be able to find out.

Instead she let the emotion that was meant for the song pour into how she played. Her body swayed with the cello as if she where dancing with it sitting down. The song was missing something though. Something important, she just couldn't figure out what.

Damn. The word kept repeating itself into the badgers head, Raffaelo was feeling mad at himself as he switched his Cello into his cousins guitar back in London. Hopefully it was still inside Enzo's cabinet, he didn't wanted to get it used by anyone. It was so unlike him to think that it was a cello other than his guitar, somehow he wondered if it was Enzo's fault. Then again it was too late to blame anyone, he opened the case and saw a Gibson SJ200. One of Enzo's treasure guitar, there was a part of him that wanted to destroy it but then he remembered how his cousins and aunt took him in. Raffaelo sighed and carried the guitar case with him as well. Might as well play it somewhere, due to his cousins passion for Guitars Raffaelo knew how to play it. He wandered the school ground and wondered if it was a great place to play, though the weather wasn't on his side. So the puff went back inside and continued to wander. Until he heard something playing nearby, it lead to the abandoned classroom.

Without hesitating Raffaelo entered the room and saw a girl about younger than him playing the Cello. It made him remember his switched Cello, he slightly frowned and turned away. Somehow his guts were saying that he should smile for the sake of the girl steps away from her. So the puff slightly smirked and approached the stranger. Hopefully he wasn't disturbing her by any chance, he could leave anytime he wanted to so there was no problem with that. "Sounds amazing." he stated bluntly. Raffaelo leaned nearby a wall and crossed his arms, watching the girl playing with her heart. He admired the girl playing the Cello, it was a delight to watch her.

Sapphire heard a voice and jumped slightly. No one was supposed to be here really but then there where stranger places to find somebody. Sapphire had once found couple in a broom closet with their clothes half undone. Sapphire had quickly closed the door and turned away hoping to all of creation that they had been to preoccupied with each other to notice that she had been there. Sapphire saw that the one that had spoken was in fact male and that he was a fellow Puff. If she remembered correctly he was one year older than her but still a fellow Hufflepuff. That made it somewhat easier to talk to him she supposed or sign as the conditions where. She didn't have anything but composer's paper with her and she didn't want to use it so she took out her wand.

Sapphire had learned the secrets of air writing not too long ago before school let out for her fourth year. She finished her wand like she where holding a quill and wrote in the air Thank you. She noticed that he had a guitar with him and finally it hit her. The song that was in her head needed a second person and a guitar. Again she whipped her wand as if writing with a quill Do you want to play with me? Sapphire asked hoping he would. They could introduce themselves to each other later. She had to get this composition out of her head first.

It was rather odd when Raffaelo noticed that the girl wasn't speaking at him, she was just writing some word into thin air. "Was she mute or something?" he thought to himself as he raised his eyebrows. Even though it was quite uncomfortable conversioning like that, he agreed and got his guitar out of its case. Placing the case nearby and finding a spot for him to play. "Yeah Sure, just give the notes I guess?" Raffaelo replied quite confused of the whole scenario. If she was indeed mute, then it would be his first time to actually meet a person who cannot talk or sing. At first he watched her play and hopefully he'll tag along after adjusting some music.

It's been a while since the puff played the guitar, he wasn't even sure if he played that great. After all it's been like a year since he held an actual guitar on his arms, all he knew was that it was easier than playing the cello. Still sometimes he wished he could be in a different place to start with. With all this thoughts rambling inside his head, he glanced back at the girl and nodded awaiting for her signal.

After a quick adjustment Sapphire made the pages that she had written on float over to the boy. She knew the song by heart now because she had been practicing it so many times. She tapped the voice box that she had enchanted twice, once to make it stop and the second to make it start the song over. After a bit she started plucking her part of the song then sliding her bow across the strings of the cello to make follow the way the voice box sang. Again she wished she could sing the song her self. It was very cryptic but the lyrics meant something to her. After making sure that the boy was playing along side her Sapphire closed her eyes to let the music guide her thought her imagination.

She liked the way the song sounded now, she found it pretty and was probably right about the fingers knowing what to do after a bit. She allowed the notes to flow through her as she listened to the words that where coming out of the voice box. She started to sway again as she played And oh cello your fire glows, oh - how it glows. The ashes from your burning wood have blackened all the snow, and oh - how it glows. The ashes from your burning wood have blackened all the snow, until the heat burns between us melts it all. at the final line of the song she opened her eyes half way to look at the boy who had walked in on her. She didn't realize it but she was giving her a seductive look and there was actually fire in her deep blue eyes.

It didn't last long though as she played the last notes. Her eyes went back to being wide and innocent looking through her glasses. Sapphire smiled at the boy brightly and wrote Thank you for accompaning me. I know it was strange but I've been working on it for a bit now. My name is Sapphire by the way, What's your's? with her wand. She hoped that he did't think her strange for not talking. There where quite a few at Hogwarts that made fun of her for being a mute. It wasn't her choice not to have a voice. Fate took it from her or rather an unfortunate event did. She was just happy she still had her ears.

Go with the flow. And he did, Raffaelo began to play along, matching the music she was playing. It sounded amazing, as the two instrumetns were belnding with each other, it just matches everything. Raffaelo noticed the seductive look the girl was giving but he ignored it, what ever girl do to him. Like flirt and stuff, he would always imagine one girl in his mind. Sui Chin, she was the only girl that caught his attention, and after a year being away from each other she was still in his heart. As the music was done, he stopped and paused glancing at the girl again.

Raffaelo watched the words floating into thing air, all he could do was nod and smile back at the girl. "Raffelo" he replied, knowing she could possible hear. By playing such wonderful music, it was true that she mute but not deaf at all. He didn't knew what to ask her next, after all he wasn't the ask nor chatter type of guy when it comes to strangers. The puff would rather be in a corner and keep his mouth shut, endure his pain of being abandoned. It was the normal him, he'd rather pretend that he's fine when he's really not. Though everything seems to be changing towards the badger, he was starting to be different and more like rebellious at some point that he even didn't liked at all..

Sapphire's heart was also spoken for by a ceratin Ravenclaw sixth year. He was Sapphire's heart though she was sure that he would never like her the way she did him. What had been in her gem colored eyes before had been a reaction to the music that and Sapphire had no clue that she had been doing it at all. Sapphire on a normal bases was innocent to the ways of flirting and suducton. Highly unique name you have. Mind if I call you Raff. Saves time and wand waving she wrote in the air. Her grin said that the last part was a joke on her part.

Sapphire studied the older student as she slumped over the cello which she had gotten out of a weird room that had been full of them. When she had tried to find the room again to see if there were other intraments there the room she couldn't find it no matter how hard she tried. Such was life at Hogwarts. How long have you been playing? she asked then nodded at the guitar.

Raffaelo scratched the back of his neck wondering if this will continue flawlessly and how he hoped it will. He nodded in agreement, as it seems Sapphire was used be alone or was she? There was some part of Raffaelo that knew she wasn't used to mingling with the other students, then again it was just a thought of his. He continued to smile at her, it wasn't the first time he had saw her. There was one time during his third year supposedly, she was a fellow puff after all. "Oh since I was born really, I've been interested with the Cello ever since. How about you?" he returned the question. Raffaelo the boy who was madly in love with playing the cello, it was the only thing he loved more than Sui Chin.

OOCOut of Character:
I'm lacking some muse, apologies. And how weird it is too see our play-by together in a photoshoot, I've just noticed it.

OOCOut of Character:
o_0 I didn't realize that was your PB when I saw this photo shoot on Christina's gallery page. Sapphire denies everything!

Sapphire smiled when he agreed to be called Raff by her. Not that a lot of people denied her a nickname but one never knew. She was a strange girl seeing as she had the voiceless defect. That and it was rather hard to get noticed when she had no voice to get noticed with. Raff also looked like he didn't get out much. Sapphire might not speak much but she noticed a lot and some of the people that came in and out of the school. Sapphire hadn't noticed this one all too much around the school so she guessed he liked his privacy. Fells about the same with the flute. I picked up the cello about a year ago though. I'd say I'm doing pretty good, that if I could say anything at all. Sapphire put her hand to her lips to signal that she was laughing silently.

Not that he was judging her or anything, it was just his first time to encounter a voiceless girl. "I see, you are indeed. You play great." he replied and slightly chucked at him. He knew what was she doing, it seems nice for a girl like her to actually have a sense of humor. "Other than music, what interest you?" Raffaelo asked. The puff got his guitar and pulled it closer to him, it should be handled with cared as it wasn't his. Enzo would kill him to death if his baby got injured by any point. For the past few weeks, he wa his home and the same with his uncle, aunt and cousin Ashe. Ever since he got thrown alone, everything changed and he needed to stand on his own. It wasn't easy really but he managed to stand on his own feel, but then he was still feeling bitter which explains his rebelliousness towards other people.

Sapphire watched how he handled the guitar and tilted her head. I love to draw and read comics. I read real books too but I like to see the art work put into story. I'm writing one myself. Sapphire wrote and smiled wide. She hadn't developed more of her Overworld story because of the dire perdicument that she had been in over the last half year but she was ready to put more into it now that she was back and free of her 'mother'. Sapphire didn't have her bag with her so she couldn't show Raff what she had done if he asked for it but she could give him a run down of one of the storied if he did asked. Sapphire still needed to figure out what Cage was going to do when he found out that Toolie was really Alexandria White of the Wonder Smuggler gang.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the late reply, I'm lately losing my muse. And sorry for the short reply.

"That nice." he replied trying to keep his cool. It was like the other students he had met, girls who read and draw. It was nothing fancy to him really, the usual hobbies he had seen. Raffaelo returned his smile back and scratched the back of his neck. There weren't anything to say really, so he held his guitar as he was ready to leave Sapphire. Though it fully depends on her if she wants him to stay a little longer, the hufflepuff looked away at the dusty wall. Clueless and speechless of what to say and do next, time was passing by and there wasn't much thing to do at the moment. Raffaelo was stuck on his mind and wondring what was the next that would occur.

Sapphire observed Raffaelo then walked up to him and pointed tapped him lightly on the head. She made as if the listen to the sound then smiled. Sapphire walked back to her notebook and wrote out You have thoughts and they trouble you am I right? Do you want to share. I promise I won't tell a soul. She pressed her hand against her lips to show that she was laughing. She had meant that last statement as a joke really. There was nothing better to put people at ease around her than making light of her disability. She showed them that it was really nothing to her so they should not be causios around her either. It had taken her friends a while to get used her way of communicated but now they talked to her as if they where talking to anyone else. She wondered if this was why Raffaelo was so quite around her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back