Unfortunate circumstances

Annie Cartwright

OOC First Name
Annaleise
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
It was relieving for Annie when she heard that Jake was okay. The last time she had seen him, he had run off to fight with a ware wolf, leaving her alone. It had been a day or two since the ordeal and the young adult had been furtively worrying about whether Jake was alright or not. Annie was pleased when she received a letter saying that he was alright. She hadn't had a proper night's sleep since it happened but knowing that Jake was safely in St Mungos was enough of an assistance for her to manage three or four hours of rest. That day, Annie had chosen to wear black high-waisted shorts, black flats and an oversized white t-shirt with a ribbon printed on it. She had selected to wear some of the more fashionable clothing in her wardrobe, it was a platonic attempt to look good for Jake, and the clothes suited her toned body almost perfectly, even her aunt jokingly wolf whistled as Annie said her goodbyes for the day and left the safety of her house.

St Mungo's was a reasonably large place, Annie made her way around the stone hallways and through the crowd, the string of her helium balloon tied to her wrist. Before her arrival at the hospital, she had hastily bought a balloon as a small token of thanks for Jake. It was the only thing she could think of to buy that wasn't cheesy. His ward wasn't too far away now, it was just a short trip on foot and she would be there. Breathing in, Annie started to navigate herself towards the place where she would be meeting Jake for the second time, she optimised that their second meeting would be better than the first but now, nothing could predict what might and could happen. Annie arrived at the ward in which Jake was being healed and with one step of her foot she entered the room.

She saw Jake as soon as she inspected the room for him. She felt a warm smile grace her lips as she strolled to the side of his hospital bed. Her bright blue eyes lingered on his injured body for a quick moment or two before they met Jake's, she had a feeling in her gut that the second meeting of the both of them wouldn't be anything like their first, but it would be just as memorable. Annie stood over Jake, her affectionate smile still apparent on her lips, now she needed to say something, something to fill the silence. Annie tenderly said the only word that came to her mind which was just a short and simple "Hey." and after she said that word, she couldn't think of anything more that could fit the situation. Following that, she just continued to stand in the ambiance of St Mungos and wait for Jake to reply.

The unscented hospital and the attentive healer brought the brave yet insane man back to life after his night with a werewolf left him close to blanking out. It had been the help of an elderly man, who happen to been taken a midnight stroll that night to assist Jake in the most painful moment's in life, He always said that a buldger would knock the wind out of him, he never knew he'd would ever predict what happen last night. Things just seem to happen when you least expected. In his case, he reacted to what may had happen to Annie, it's nothing more than what another guy would have done in his place. His reaction had been senseless and stupid, yet it save the life not only Annie's but Jake's own enigma. Next time, he shall not be so very lucky.

Two days here been spent mostly on healers. The spells and potion they use for Jake were typical what a patient would get when they crush a few bones and banged their cranium in the worst case ever. He endure scratches from the werewolf, the scratches ran down his back, some close to his chest. He had to maybe one day praise that man for saving him, saving Jake had stop the curse from taking full effect. They drain his blood and transported some from his family member, all of them coming to his side when he needed them. His father, Roswald a man of 48-years old, stayed around Jake. He was on the defense that the werewolf will try and track Jake down. This is just another reason why Maddiie did not have Delilah, Roswald opinion on werewolf remain the same. Werewolf are not capable to behave in everyday society.

For the rest of the hour, he had his mind running in circle about Annie. Is she alright, is she okay? I wonder what happen to her? I wonder... thanks to someone contacting her, Annie appeared by the doorway, the small blonde sauntered inside his room, surprising Jake when he made eyes contact with her. A hurtful smile lifted at the corner of his lip. Roswald stood up, greeted the girl passingby to giving her some time with Jake. "Hey, are you okay?" he croaked up, his throat sounded like he swallow a frog whole. He cough to clear his passageway, it cleared a little not so much.

The narrow escape the two had was something only fate could tell, it was pure luck, there was no doubt about that fact, if Jake hadn't acted so heroically, the conditions they were in now would have been completely different. Annie wasn't sure exactly how it could have turned out, maybe she could be in Jake's place, maybe they could have both lost their lives. It was just another positive outcome that neither of them were in a position like that. Annie did know that if Jake had lost his precious life that night, she wouldn't have been able to forgive herself. Good things did come out of that night, Annie had some fun for the first time in a long while and she had met Jake, the man who would save her life on that same night. She couldn't think of any way to make her debt even, but starting with a small gift wouldn't hurt.

The blonde nodded in acknowledgement at the older man by Jake's side as he left the two some time to talk. She respected the man for that, even if she didn't know who he was. After the man had left, Annie untied the balloon from her wrist without saying a word and tied it to Jake’s bed. She watched the balloon float in the air, the smiley face on it bobbing up and down, Annie smirked to herself, she had never once thought that a clown's smile was to be trusted, but now it seemed fitting to the situation, one the eighteen year old never thought she would be in. "I'm fine, thanks for asking. I was pretty stressed before but knowing that you're okay has calmed me down." She said softly, keeping her eyes on the balloon and biting a lip at the sound of Jake's croaky voice. "Oh, I got this balloon for you, in case you hadn't already made that connection." Said Annie, quietly chuckling at her childish appearance.

As she gained up enough courage to look at Jake again, Annie put on a brave face. Jake's injuries were a lot worse than she could have anticipated but they were also a lot better. He was alive at the very least. "What about your injuries?" She asked continuing to bite her lip, being blunt so she wouldn't dawdle on the subject later and not find out how Jake really was. "They look bad but I assume the healers are doing a good job." Annie was trying to reassure herself that he would be okay. The thought of him being able to recover fully made the girl able to pleasantly smile at Jake, her blue eyes keeping in contact with Jake's if she looked away she wouldn't be able to look him in the eye again properly for a while, she may as well get over that fear now.

Jake stretched himself to sit up properly, his arms massive weren't all that great, they felt like broken limbs. He could sense the pain traveling up his arms and flow right through his fingers. Jake tolerate the pain longer, for her, just cause he could see how she was behaving around him. The guilt must be pretty bad, anyone could tell how she seem frigid. Or how her blues optics ignore him for a mere second, you could notice the less dazzling aspect about them, they hold fear rather than her usual gleam.

"Oh that was so nice of you" he smile. "I'm glad your okay, just to let you know I'm okay really"' he answered in the same sentences. He like the idea of Annie not stressing over him, they just met a few days back and what he had done was nothing. He would've done it for anyone who was in trouble like that. He wish for events like that not to happen to his worst enemies, attack by a werewolf is deleterious to anyone. Nothing can stop a werewolf but the morning sun, for the first time in his life he didn't despise the morning rays.

"Their okay, I just crush a few ribs no big deal"he lean to touch her hand. "Just kinda sucks I never got the chance to officially ask you out on a second date" and if he did, he couldn't recollect most of the time. His mind and body split from his human form. His only thought was of her being safe and Jake getting rid of this monster away from the civilian it would've cause bloody harm too.

While Jake sat up, the eighteen year old cringed, she didn't want him straining himself, she wanted him to just relax and get better. She ignored her guilt a little more and replied. "It was the least I could do." It was really only just a small gift, it wasn't anything special, she would have brought a gift for anybody she was going to see in hospital, she wouldn't have gotten them a balloon like she did Jake but she still would have got a small gift. She smiled at the thought of Jake's compassion, she admired it a lot, she hadn't met many people like him.

Her smile continued to grace her face as Annie nodded at Jake, listening intently to his kind words. "You don't look okay. Don't overwork yourself, you are in hospital." She said, poking out her tongue, trying to find a lighter side to the conversation, although that felt too distant to be achievable. He was hurt and her motherly instincts were telling her to look after him and nurse him back to health, she didn't act on this, that was what the healers were there for.

Annie bit her lip again and tasted her raspberry lip balm, a few crushed ribs were a big deal, she was worrying herself again, maybe a little too much, Jake was in good hands and he was going to be taken care of, so why was she worrying herself again? Jake's hand touching hers calmed her down a bit, even just a little was enough for the blonde to manage another smile in Jake's direction. "That did suck, I was hoping for you to ask, but we were rudely interrupted." She said, quietly chuckling to herself. "Damn ware wolves." She mumbled, half making a joke and half being serious, although Annie was preferring for Jake to see the funny side of what she said.

Jake saw that he wasn't helping the situation by sharing the out come of his dilemma just the other night. He curse silently, shutting his eyes for mere than a second. There were blind spots when he close his eyes, the spots would play hazily close to him. Almost like bright star, except their lights well dim and they resemble more like spots than rather then vivid stars. It has appeared that he was hallucinating due to the potion he was told to drink. The process of regrowing back crush bones did a number to his eyes sights, he open his eyes again. Thank goodness the healer that morning left his room in a shadow state, the lights would've knock him out senseless. He went back to staring at Annie again, he felt helpless at whim he tried to stare at her longer than a second.

"Thanks I think I'll add it to my sorted collection of balloons, I think my niece will get a good laugh at them" he manage a snicker. Poor Delilah would probably fall frantic the balloon designs. She still was afraid of the teddy bear he presented to her in the last birthday party, hand made teddy bear and the little girl would run screaming to his dad all the time when she saw the yellow teddy bear. Perhaps it was the colors, he could by all means not tell what drove her mad about the bear. Kids were a hoot to him, they just had such small minds when it came to figuring out the world.

"I'm fine, I'm really fine. Don't worry yourself to much. It would bring me down if you do" he lean a little more to her, she was so very kinder to him. At his poor state in physical condition, Jake could still admire the girl's beauty. "I'd like to ask you something, something that you'll probably figure out from me" he look down at his her hand, his finger laced with hers, his hand was so much bigger than hers, he would guess she was so light and petite in many ways. But that's not why he like her at all, she could've lack beauty, been one from the streets and perhaps gave out the foulest odor, just the fact she cared enough to come here attract Jake the most. Beauty was just a plus, "Can I make up our date? Even if it's here? he asked her.

The atmosphere of St Mungo's left Annie in a tense state, it wasn't just because of what had happened to Jake, it foreshadowed disease and death. This brought Annie to remember haunting memories about her childhood, the last time she had been here, she had lost all of what she loved most, even she stunned herself when she didn't falter in arriving back. Annie was a brave young woman and she could do a lot of things but there were some things she couldn't do, like help Jake when he needed help a few days prior to her visit. Still, she smiled to herself, pleased with her bravery to visit St Mungo's again and to see Jake another time, at least she had the change to keep her eyes on the toned physique of his wounded body he still looked good, no matter how hurt he might have been, and she just couldn't help but smirk.

The aspirant photographer raised her eyebrows as she listened to Jake speak, his voice was calming and helplessly attractive to her. "You have a niece? That's awesome, I don't have any brothers or sisters, or nieces." She said, making casual conversation. She was pleased with herself knowing that she could let her mind drift off the fact that Jake was seriously hurt and she was unable to help him in his time of need. Annie had always liked children, she admired the way they saw the world, so optimistically, they were too young to understand the harshness of reality. It made her want to be just as upbeat as they were, it was effortless at times but also very tough for the girl.

An approving smile graced Annie's light pink lips, changing her previous expression of uneasiness into something more enjoyable as she looked down at her hand, her fingers intertwined with Jake's this made her stomach tighten, she was undoubtedly smitten by Jake, and she wasn't going to hide it at all. "I wouldn't want to do that." She said as she continued to look down, her infatuated feelings gradually getting a little stronger as she continued contact with him. This was never a bad thing. Jake was a nice, heroic, sweet and an entirely handsome guy, how could she not be attracted to him? "Nothing is ever too late, what did you have in mind?" Replied Annie, as her aqua coloured eyes moved up to meet Jake's again, she couldn't help but let them loiter on his body for a smidgen longer.
<i></i>

"Yeah she's my little blondie" he admitted with a grin. The little girl came out nothing like her mom, Maddiie. She had blonde hair and sometimes eyes that phase to it's unique shade of hazel. Delilah came out like her father, the one she use to have before he had left both his daughter and wife a year back or so. Times seems to be losing track for Jake, for the anger he had dwell against Alexander no longer claim his enigma. He would care less of the man now and days, dad did a pretty good job raising her with mom, Lila adored the little girl and adopted son. It's a pity, "Must be nice to be a single child?", he kept thinking of his sister and how she was still fighting a battle with their dad.

Jake's eyes lighted up, this new energy started building up out of nowhere or the fact she agreed to his little plan. "I don't know, I want to surprise you, you just come back here tonight." he said it much promising. He brought his other hand above her small fingers.I'll make it worth the while vising tonight, okay?" he said exhaling already in content. His dad could help in the plans, using magic here won't be a problem if he get the aid from the healers here. Nothing to big, something simple yet something she won't forget it happen. Jake like leaving the girls he like with a well rounded good impression.

The eighteen year old smiled commendably at Jake, she admired how close he seemed to be with his family, it reminded her of how close she was with her aunt and uncle, she loved them, but she didn't love how they treated her sometimes, sure, she acted like a child but she was responsible enough to do things for herself, after all, she was in St Mungo's right now and she was safe, and she graduated Beauxbatons with exceptional marks, that was an accomplishment at least. In fact, since Annie had moved to France, she had changed so much and she was a tad staggered that her family hadn't noticed. "I don't know if it's nice or not. I guess it would be nice to have somebody to relate to." She said, continuing to pleasantly smile at Jake, it was hard for her not to smile at him, she was in awe of Jake.

Annie felt her grin widen as Jake started to look so animated. She felt joyful that he could seem so positive in a hospital environment, unlike her. Even though she was in the pleasure of Jake's company, she still felt uncomfortable. "Tonight might not be a good idea, I have training. But I can give it a miss, I would preffer to give it a miss actually." Said the blonde, raising an eyebrow in a suggestive manor. Missing one night of training wouldn't be a bad thing, her schedule was pretty hectic already, having a break was a good idea. Annie moved a lock of sunshine coloured hair behind her ear and said "Now I'm curious. What’s the surprise? If you tell me it won't be a surprise." before sighing and pursing her lips together in a slight aggravation. Her childish affinity to be curious was just one of her numerous personality traits. Annie wanted to know what Jake was going to do, just in case the surprise was malevolent.

A Miss? Jake wasn't getting that right away. Her accent was terribly cute but he was to much of a block head to make out what she meant by than. Suddenly the small wheel in the back of his mind started to shake and it soon turned like it was dried, but there between the cracks a bit of oil manage to shake the wheel fee from being stuck. He pushed on his crown with both hands, disappointed he groan. "No I can't let you do that, I'm not going to let you. It's to important to miss your training" he fell back on his pillows, the plan vanish from his mind.

"Besides I think if you wait maybe when I get out this something could be something better" he reassured her with a priceless smile. "I just don't want you to ah miss training cause of me" he said, though his eyes were closing and everything seems to feel light headed to him. "Just tell me all about it when your done? I like to hear what happen"

Annie bit her lip, she was sure if she tried, she could actually finish that day's practice really quickly and then be able to arrive at St Mungo's in no time at all. Annie questioned her decision, she really wanted to see what the surprise was, her curiosity was clouding her mind again. "Are you sure? I know that if I get to the beach early, I could leave early, It won't be too hard." She said, trying to figure out something in her head, but she was too distracted by what Jake was doing. "Are you okay?" Annie asked, a tone of concern to her voice, she was starting to worry again, not surprising herself at all.

Annie politely smiled at Jake. There wouldn't be much to tell Jake about training, all she would be able to tell him about was her career path, which would then result in her telling him what she was training for in the first place, but Annie assumed that would be boring for Jake to hear, especially since he looked like he was about to doze off. "I would be happy to miss training because of you, I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise." She said, trying to sound like she wasn't worrying about Jake. "You look tired, do you want me to go?" Asked the blonde, as she stood up and smiled down at Jake, like she had when she arrived at St Mungo's earlier.

"Yes I'm positive besides what's the best thing in the world if you don't ever wait for patient stuff to happen" he completed that sentences with a yawn. The battle to fight his sleep was draining him, he forgot before she came the healer given him a potion that work out in a slow place. he could feel the effects working on him good and done. Like he had just battle his way through a crowd of hundred men and his whole body was shutting down like a muggel computer, he felt good and well. It made his entire muscle mass by his shoulder drop and relax at an instant.

"No please don't go beautiful blonde girl with blue eyes" he mumble drifting in and out of a slope sleep. Though he could feel that it was useless to fight the effects, he said before falling to sleep that he wanted to see her again, this time somewhere different. His release would be couple days, his bones were intact and no more growth tonic needed by this point. He had healed, still he remain here for just two more days before he went home to his dad for a couple weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back